MY HAIR GROWTH ROUTINE


Hi peeps, hope y'all are having a wonderful day. Today due to popular demand, I wIll be giving some tips on my hair growth routine. I actually started this process in 2013 and since then, have seen a lot of changes even till date.
          One thing is that I have no special cream or treatment, it just the usual and normal routine I follow consistently. We all need to know the type of hair we are having and what products suit our hair most. Once we know this it much more easier to work on our hair growth.

I will be listing out the five (5) most important routines which has helped my Relaxed-natural hair. But before then, one important note is that Relaxed hair can grow. Yes, most people believe you have to go natural before you can have a healthy hair growth. Natural hair is fine, yea, but not everyone wish/want to have their hair natural. For me I decided to relax my hair because I preferred it to Natural and it much more easier to work with. So I transitioned from Natural to Relax in 2011, and up till now I don't think I would want to go natural. It just a personal decision. If you would like to go natural and you know how to maintain it, good! and if it otherwise,cool.


Back to our main topic;So these are the routines which I follow for my hair treatments/care

1. Making my hair: Yea, this is actually one of the important factor/routine which affects hair growth. One thing I have noticed in the past years is that moving from one hair stylist to the other can actually affect one's hair growth. For me, I make my hair by my own self. Yea, I don't go to the salon and it really helped. But then, if you don't know how to take care/ make your hair, definitely you have to visit a salon but make sure you stick to just one hairstylist, it does help. Moving from one hairstylist to the other can actually affect your hair in terms of hair damage, breakage. Once u get a good hair stylist and you are comfortable with him/her. it best u keep using the same person, unless you are changing your location/enviroment

2. Protective hairstyles: In my first point, i mentioned about making my hair myself. Yea, what I do is that most times am always on wig, so before i use my wig, i braid my hair into corn-rows. This really help as it prevent my hair from breakage. When am not on wigs, I braid my hair, but that is just once in a while because I love my front hairline so much (yes oo) and wouldn't want any hair damage in front. Protective hairstyle is really good, if you fix a weave, it cool, but braiding like ghana weaving/carrot, you have to be careful especially because of your frontline

Corn-Rows

On Wig (Wig made by Mamme)

3. Washing and Conditioning: This is another important routine. What I do is that since most times I use wigs, it much more easier for me, so depending on my busy schedule, try to wash my hair at least once in a week or two weeks. Most times it actually once in two weeks, shampoo my hair and condition, leaving the conditioner to sit in for a while 15 minutes to 45mins to 1hr depends if am in a hurry. Once in a month, i make sure i wash, deep condition and steam. This is really good for the hair, it helps to get the hair moisturized, control split ends, breakage and others. An example of a good deep conditioning hair product i use is Olive oil Hair Mayonnaise, it works really good for my hair. Their are still other types in the market, just check, get a good shampoo and condiontioner especially those ones that are sulphate-free and alcohol-free (you can know this, by checking the list of the ingredients which is always written on the bottle)
Hair after washing and deep conditioning

4. Oils: Oh yea, this is my favorite part, Oils are very essential for a healthy hair growth, both natural and relaxed. I use different kinds of oil from coconut oil, castor oil, Argan oil, grapeseed oil, Almond oil, olive oil. Depending on anyone i find, not necessary you have to use all, but any one you can lay your hands on, just mix them together in a bottle and apply. Oiling my hair I do that almost every two to three days, on the scalp, front hairline, also  use it once am done washing my hair, so what I do, after washing,conditioning, I apply a leave in conditoner, moisturizing hair cream (I use Petals moisturizing hair cream) and with my hair oil to seal in the moisture and yea, am good to go. So oils are actually very good for hair growth.

5. Relaxing: As I mentioned earlier, my hair is relaxed, but then I dont relax my hair all the time because one thing we all have to know is that hair relaxers are chemicals, and applying chemicals on the hair can actually damage the hair if not careful, that is why sometimes when relaxing our hair/scalp get burnt. So for me, what I do is that i just relax my hair twice in a year, that is once in six months. This works for me, during the that time for next months, I wash, condition, treat the hair, and the next six months i relax, mehn.......it comes out nice. So depending on one's choice some people prefer 3 times in a year or 4 months but one thing we have to know is that applying chemical to the hair at all times is not really good like once in two month, nooo...it better to leave a good gap between the first application and the next so as to avoid hair damage

          In summary, these are some of the hair products I use. Depending on you choice, you can go for any hair products you like but always make sure it works with your hair if not it better you change. So my favorites hair products includes:
Organic Olive oil hair relaxer
Organic Olive oil har mayonnaise
Petals hair moisturizing oil/cream
Organic Olive oil hair moisturizer
Herbal essesnce Shampoo
Feathers Shampoo
Dove Shampoo and conditioner

Next Post will be on Do's and Don'ts for a healthy hair growth, don't forget to subscribe so as to get an update

Hope you all  enjoyed today's post, you can leave your comments, any questions and pls don't forget to share and follow for more post on the blog.
Thanks for checking out Mamme's Blog, have a nice day.
Love you all!!!!!!!

Follow for more on Instagram @Estee Mamme; Twitter @Estee Mamme
 Email: estymamme@gmail.com

No comments

Back to Top