WHAT IS HAPPENING TO FOLA MAMME IN BENIN, EDO STATE. NYSC Brouhaha


           Hi everyone, it been a very long while. Lemme officially wish each and everyone a happy New Year. Yes now, we still in January shey?.. Lols. It February I forgot.Hope you all doing pretty fine. Had a lot of schedules throughout last year but this year, working much harder to catch up with blogging. Thanks to some of my readers for checking on me. I love you all.
          So first post of the year, hmmm. It all about My NYSC experience so far. I think this post will be in parts so that it won't be too long and boring for you guys.


My humble self
          To start with, lemme share my experience on posting and camping. I registered for NYSC when the registration started online and out of all the four states I chose (Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, Edo) was actually looking forward to serving either Lagos or Kaduna, but huh...when the call-up letter came out, my humble self was posted to Edo, meanwhile have read a lot about camp experience in Edo and seeing that I was been deployed there to serve, mehn...I was so confused like, a whole me would be traveling to Okada Grammar School for the three weeks Orientation camp. I called almost all my family and friends and was just complaining, I was even planning to redeploy, called mum, she already had everything worked out just for me to show myself o but cos of my tight schedules, ought to get to Ibadan in the afternoon  but mehn was like God don kuku mark me for Edo, because I reached Ibadan that day from Lagos 10.00pm and camp was next day so couldn't work it out immediately. It was even my brother that helped with most of my shopping. Anyway sha, I accepted fate o, and 24th November 2016, I traveled from Ibadan to Okada, Edo state.

Traveling to Edo/Accommodation/Registration: Getting to the camp, at the entrance, our bags were checked, they seized some materials like staplers and staple pins, circuit extensions, scissors and other things but were returned back few days to camp end. Then after had to go sort out my accommodation, huh...hostels in Edo camp are nothing to write home about abeg, lemme use the description of a poultry farm. Yea just exactly that way, in a room of about 100 or more corpers, just a bulb without a fan. You can imagine the heat. Toilet and bathroom, hmmm, kinda fair sha. No comment.
          After I had to go back for confirmation and get my kits, that took two days but at the end, it was all sorted out. One thing I noticed, every single thing you do in camp, you must queue o, as in not just ordinary queue, the one wey go cause fight self. Like it was just a survival of the fittest.

Activities: At the same time camp was fun, activities started, morning drills, Man O War drills, parade, Miss NYSC competition, Mr. Macho, debate, Burn-Fire Night, Camp Carnival and others. It was all fun sha but I only started enjoying camp after the second week. Participated in the cultural dance, drama, camp carnival, kitchen activities, really had a good time.
Mamme with Joel

With some of my platoon members 

Food: Hmm, this was another issue in camp, food in camp-kitchen was a no for me, I was only able to eat their rice and bread. Whenever they serve that I just manage to go to the kitchen and get them. Other food, abeg. I no fit. Even the first day I ate their rice and watery stew, I purged for about three times before my body got used to it, so whenever they serve soup, beans and any other, I dare not move close to that kitchen, mami market straight to eat.  but mehn some people try sha o. Like their meal ticket be like dem dey mark attendance, like it was complete they must be there, I hail. One of the funniest days I remembered was the day my platoon had to be in the kitchen, hey.. come and see for food only(s), FFO, cos once it your platoon's turn to help in the kitchen, na better supply of food sure pass. Breakfast on that day was bread and tea, two members of my platoon actually had three and half loaves of bread each, i was like hey....and na guys lol.....It was fun but mehn guys too like food, they don't joke with that.
During Swearing-in

Camp Court: Hmm, the fear of camp court is the beginning of wisdom. Yea so my humble self actually appeared before the camp court. Now I can write about it but during that period it happened I was so confused. A special thanks to all my friends for having my back. Zainab, MaryJane, Daniel my Lawyer, Joel, Dare, Platoon 9, I love you guys now and always. What even happened self, just one-morning o, after the morning devotion, everyone was on the parade ground, the next thing I heard was, if your state code is mentioned, you are to appear before the camp court. Before I knew it, mine was called, had to asked some of my platoon mates around me like "pls are you sure this state code was mentioned, most were even like, yes but is it yours" when I said yes, they were surprised like " Folake, what was your offence?
**********(TO BE CONTINUED..........LOL)
On Bon-fire Night

With Yuslove
          Camp was fun sha. Met a lot of people, associated with the best of the best friends, Wow, I miss them all. Zainab, Segun, Daniel, Mariam, Joshua, Joel, Blessing..the were just too much like even after camp, couldn't remember some names. We had fun, we learnt, made friends, laughed, gist, chatted. Last day of camp, wished we could always see each other every now and then but abeg who wan stay for poultry. We all had to be posted to different places for our primary assignment while some others redeployed as well. I collected my PPA letter and was posted to Ikpoba-Okha, another Local Government in Benin and here I am now obeying the clarion's call.
          More gists to come on my  NYSC experience, wanna know more about my camp court experience, coming up very soon
Stay tuned, don't forget to subscribe for update and please share so the ministry can move forward
Wishing all a blessed day. Love you all
Signed-Mamme

1 comment

  1. Mmmmm..... nice post.
    y the suspense nau?
    waiting anxiously.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top