ANY INTERESTING PLACE TO VISIT IN ILE-IFE?

            Hello everyone, it's been a while. Hope you are good?. So recently I was on a short break so I decided to visit some places. One of the places I went to was Ife in Osun state. I got there and had to ask my brother if there is any nice place to visit because everywhere looked so quite, cool but a bit dull. He asked if I would like to visit the museum and I agreed.

            The Museum is located inside the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) campus. I can say I got there and was quite amazed like it's really a very nice environment to be, everywhere was clean, like very neat same as the whole campus. We got to the entrance and asked if the Museum was opened for visit. Yea it was, and guess what guys it's very affordable to go in there. If you are a student of the school or once a student you get to pay just One Hundred Naira Only per person, while outsiders get to pay Two Hundred Naira Only per person. Also you wanna take pictures with your phone or a professional camera, you pay just Five Hundred Naira Only. Like they made it so affordable for all. But as per a Naija place now, one thing was missing, there was no light (PHCN or na NEPA wahala)....lol. It's wasn't bad though, we just made the payment and went in.

Skeletons
         
Molluscs

Rocks and Stones
           
              One thing I love about the Museum there is that the place isn't scanty at all, like you get to see a lot of stuffs in there, rocks, animals, ancients materials. I got to see the different types of rocks and stones we have, the insects, different kinds of  animals, even the one I've never seen in real life, I saw the taxidermied ones in the Museum.

         
              Also, the tradition was there, yea one of the most important things that must be in the Museum, the different beads used by kings, Queens, Chiefs and other titles in the city, different kinds of calabash and their uses. Also the popular ITELE (RITUAL POT) used in Ile-Ife, skeletons and a lot more.


Lion


Itele Ritual Pot 



Beads

           In summary, I can say it is a good like nice place to be, we didn't spend much time there but had good views and since there are no much place to visit in Ife like seriously going to that place, in my own view I think it's the school that brought live to that city.Things are very affordable and it is a peaceful place to stay though but if you are all about the hip-hop life, huh....You might find it boring. Other places I think you can visit is the palace and the zoo but I don't think you would see more animals there..
            That is all for today's post, I hope you all enjoyed reading. Please do not forget to subscribe, share and you can as well follow my social network pages for updates. Thanks for stopping by, much love. Next post coming soon, stay tuned

Instagram: Folakemi_mamme
Facebook: Folakemi Mamme
Twitter: Folakemi Mamme

No comments

Back to Top